Friday, February 12, 2010

Showtime

2/12/2010

It's Showtime.

I am working from 1pm to 10pm. I have been assigned to the opening ceremonies venue for tonight. I will not get an opportunity to see the opening ceremony, but I hear it is an amazing event.

As I stated in one of my earlier posting, it will take all of us working together to pull this off. All 60,000 spectators will be there, and they will come hungry and thirsty.

Before now, I had no idea what a product merchandiser went through in a course of a day. I now have a greater appreciation for them and the job they do everyday to get Coke products to our consumers.

Fighter jets just took off from the airport. Security is high.

If you see a product merchandiser today, tell them thank you for all they do and let them know that the Vancouver product merchandisers are working hard to make them proud.

It's hard work, but I'm having a great time.

My battle cry for today is "Feet Don't Fail Me Now". I will be auctioning off my steel-toed work boots upon my return.

I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. Opening ceremonies.... i hope you will be able to take a peek every now and then. I know you all will do the company proud. We are so proud of you!!!! I will give Dr. Kevin your message... I think he will be proud of you also!! Next time I see a merchandiser I will thank them!!

    I know you are sorry you are missing this beautiful snow we are having. It just keeps coming, and coming and coming. I love it! I think you are having better weather than we are.

    Keep up the GOOD work and I can't wait to bid on your boots!!! : ) jgr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla! I am a late bloomer on the blog but thank you so much for your insight as you manage this once in a lifetime opportunity. So how are the feet doing? Steel toed boots? Do they have a 4 inch heel? If so, I'll bid..You know I love my heels. The snow here this weekend was just amazing. I know it doesn't hold a handle to your view up in Vancouver but for a Florida girl, it was quite fun! Take care and enjoy your time away. We miss you! Dawnie

    ReplyDelete