Monday, February 1, 2010

Venue Assignment

2/1/2010 Cloudy High 46

I'm trying again. I typed in my update earlier, but did not post it so I lost everything.

So, the moment you have been waiting for.

I hoped for ice skating, but did not get it. I really did not want Curling, and I was lucky there. What I did get however is a venue that many are envious of, I am in the Canadian Hockey Place. It is a 24/7 venue, so shift work is in my future.

I don't know yet what my actually duties will be, but I have been trained on how to use the handheld equipment. I hope I remember how to load out my inventory, service an outlet, invoice them, and load in my inventory at the end of the day. Did you know that a "Reefer" is a place we store product. Who knew?

Don't look for me on TV, because there are very strict rules for us. So I will be behind the scenes.

I do have a roommate and she is an associate from Great Britain. She is very friendly and her accent is great. I have to listen carefully to understand some of her words though. Who knew that vitamin would be pronounced as "Veet A Min".

Until the next update.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Carla,
    I am so glad you made it safely and the temperature isn't all that bad!! I know you are not fond of the cold weather. Sorry about the ice skating venue but hockey will be great and your indoors. I can't wait to hear about your adventure with the mobile equipment (good luck with that!). Your roommate, training and the sea of red... all-n-all it sounds like things are going very well and you are having great time! Have fun for all of us and keep us up on "Carla's Great Adventure".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Carla that anonymous comment was me, JGR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

    ReplyDelete